Friday, January 14, 2011

Twin Paintings

These are two different paintings. The one at the top is titled "In the Channel II" and was painted from an old photo of the first painting. Unknown to me a couple were considering purchasing In the Channel and were having a conversation with my husband while I sold the painting to another couple. The first couple were so disappointed they later asked me if I would consider revisiting the painting for them. The photo was one of those old peal apart kind and had darkened some but as you can see I think my second edition original turned out. I took that photo with a 3 megapixle Kodak.  I've only painted twin paintings once before and don't plan to make a habit of it because it really is difficult.
 They are different sizes. Even though the top one looks larger hear it is actually the smaller painting. It is 16" x 20 inches painted on canvas board and the one at the bottom is 20" x 24" painted on canvas. 
I hope both couples are happy.

2 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Congratulations on the sales. Does Ron get a commission? *wink

Maeona Urban said...

Shhh don't give him any ideas.