Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Pinhole Leaf


This is my Christmas Pinhole Leaf. I used to make this sort of thing with my Grandmother.  The Maple leaf was still fresh and it was pinned to a piece of cardboard. Then a stencil was placed over it and I simply poked a bajillion little holes in the open areas of the pattern. It was great fun and I am sure kept me busy for a long time.
I recently went to the Audubon Wildlife Festival at Montgomery Park and I spied this great display of leaves. Some of them were natural, some vivid almost neon colors, some simple black and white.  They were all gorgeous! And they reminded me of these leaves I had made with my Grandmother years and years ago. I'm not saying how many years but quite a few. You may want to see some of his so I am posting his website as a link. www.phantomleaves.com  To see some you must go in through the order on line box to see what is in his catalog such as  http://www.phantomleaves.com/catalog/item/7229583/7447194.htm
You really must try to see them in person as the pictures really don't do them justice.
I hope you all have wonderful memories during this Christmas season.



No comments: