Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Artist Statement

Artist Statement

I flatter myself to be considered, in any other persons head, as a artist. “Everyone knows how laborious the usual method is of attaining to the title; whereas by his contrivance, the most ignorant person at a reasonable charge, and with a little bodily labour, may produce art, without the least assistance from genius or study”, after the fashion of the professor, Mr. Lemuel Gulliver met during his voyage to Balnibarbi, used to write his books. The professor through random trial, when three or four words worked together, made note of them to be used in later endeavors. Thus we also make art, if it works together, do it.

Adapted from:

Gullivers Travels/Jonathan Swift

Voyage to Balnibarbi


What do you think?

I'm tired of my old boring artist statement. Has my pendulum swung to far?

No comments: