Saturday, May 9, 2009

Winter Vase Project

"Another Vase?"
20" x 16"
Oil on canvas










A few of us from the Portland Plein Air & Studio Painters decided to purchase the same vase and include it in a painting of our choice. That vase is the clear square one in the foreground of my painting. I tried and tried to find something to put in the vase that would inspire me and came up with nothing. I then "tossed" it in to a big plastic tub I have my other vases in and asked myself did I really need another vase? I liked the way the vases looked all together in the tub but they didn't seem just right no matter how I turned it so I took some of them out and sat them on the table. Ta Dah....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lookin' Good Maeona!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Lovely Maeona. Congratulation's this is a busy set-up but you've done a wonderful job of making it work.