Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My 2011 Book Reading List

I rate my books by using a star system. One star is low and four stars are the best. Last year I had two four star books but this year I read several that were two star several only one star. Either I was very picky with my stars or I need to change my choice of books. Since January of 2002 I have ready 227 books and only 15 have received the top four star rating. Well anyway here is the 2011 list.
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
     (a rather slow book but a great description of the hell no one wants to go to)
Native Son by Richard Wright
A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines
Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto
The Wedding by Danielle Steel
Blue Beard by Kurt Vonnegat
Lone Eagle by Daniell Steel
The Portrait by Iain Pears
     (the last four on vacation and chosen from the cottage shelf)
Chasing CeZanne by Peter Mayle
Moby Dick by Herman Melville
     (took a very very long time to read)
Trinity by Leon Uris
The Trial by Franz Kafka

1 comment:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

You read more than me... but my plan for next year is to read more. I haven't read many of the books on your list, but I have read Moby Dick ... Not sure how this book had been around so long. It has been given too much credit. It took a very long time for me to finish also. Also, I have read the Grapes of Wrath. Maybe next year at this time I'll have a nice long list like yours.