Monday, February 21, 2011

2010 Books

This post is for all you book readers out there.

In 2010 I read the following list of books.
The Associate by John Grisham
Demons by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Ricochet River by Robin Cody
2001 a Space Odyssey by Arthur C Clarke
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
2010: Odyssey Two by Arthur C Clarke
2016: Odyssey three by Arthur C Clarke
3001 The Final Odyssey by Arthur C Clarke
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K LeGuin
Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemmingway
Landscape Painting by Mitchell Albala
War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy
The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
The Bone is Pointed by Arthur W Upfield
Tisha by Robert Specht
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhentsyn
Daughter of the Eagle by Don Goldsmith
Ragtime by  E L Doctorow
The Stranger by Albert Camus
The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston
The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler
The Cain Mutiny by Herman Wouk
Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
Candide by Voltaire
Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland

My favorites were Demons and The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
If you are prone to depression don't read Demons and if you are prone to depression read Ultimate Hitchhiker, it's a gas. :-)  Although it was fun to read the Space Odyssey series especially since this was 2010.

2 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

How fun. I don't have a list of what I read last year and I like the idea of keeping track of what you read. I'm always forgetting the titles to books. Great idea. Congrat's on such a nice accomplishment.

Maeona Urban said...

I started a reading program at our library almost ten years ago now. I just finished reading Grapes of Wrath and that was number 215 from when I began. About half a dozen more books and the program will be complete. I always had a time choosing a book and so I started this and enjoyed it very much.