Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Grandpa & Grandma Barker


I Remember

I remember little things we made
Little things we did and said
Grandpa’s pipe and cool green shade
Clean sheets tucked nicely on the bed

I remember corn ten feet tall
Grandpa hoeing down each row
Seeing my first Hollyhock doll
And Grandma teaching me to sew

I remember good old King
And the yellow cat, the squirrels, the hawks
Hearing that mans bagpipes sing
Quiet times and Quiet talks

I remember sleeping in Grandpa’s chair
Ape man records, owls and frogs
Summer vacations I spent there
The neighbor’s pond and funny dogs

I remember Mrs. East and Mrs. West
The dollhouse we made so magnificent
Christmas presents I liked best
Good times, well spent

I remember little trinkets and little toys
Meeting Jasper Jay and Winnie the Pooh
Special times and special joys
But mostly just that I love you.

Grandpa & Grandma Barker

No comments: