Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Begining of the New Studio






My new Studio

2005





When the boys were young I painted in a 7' x 9' front porch. After they left home I painted in their 9' x 10' bedroom. In that room I also had all my computer equipment, a guest bed, and whatever else needed storing. Summer of 2005 we took down our son's playhouse/fort and an attached storage shed from the back of the garage and I built my new studio. It is only 12' x 12' which may seem small to some of you but it only has my art things in it. It's actually a Tuff Shed Exterior but wait until you see the finished work we did inside.

This is my husband holding the wall and helping. :-)


These are the first paintings I hung and I still needed to adjust my gallery wall spotlights.

I have three skylights, one south facing and two north. I have heat and I have air conditioning. I have two windows, one facing west and one facing north. I have a four foot wide door facing North that opens into my flower filled back yard where we place a yard swing under a pink dogwood tree in the summer. The walls are ten feet high plus the open beam ceiling space. My husband has done all the trim in oak around the windows and the baseboard etc. He also made a wonderful work table with a formica top that sits on file cabinets with wheels so I can easily move the table. He made a beautiful tool box for me out of exotic woods. I will have to take a photo of it and put that in here too. I use Arakowa hanging system from the molding rails just like in large galleries. I have room for storage, for wet paintings, for supplies, and everything I need. It's my little piece of heaven.

1 comment:

Peter Yesis said...

hello Maeona- Beautiful studio/gallery. You are very fortunate. Having the skylights is a dream of mine someday. For now the basement will have to do.