Thursday, April 24, 2008

Colored Pencil Folk Art Bible


Genesis
Colored Pencil on Paper
24" x 18"
2007








I have started my very own colored pencil Folk Art Bible. Each book of the Bible is represented by one picture. As I read I make notes on the visual ideas I get. In this particular picture of course you see Adam and Eve, the "fig" leaf covering, the Serpent, the stormy sky colors represent creation, The chasm stands for the fall, the ocean has a tiny arc for the flood. The tower of Babel actually has tiny stick figure people around it. Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and Joseph are represented by the ram offering, the porridge, the hunting equipment, and the coat of many colors. I use the stormy sky in several of the next pictures when reference is made back to creation. If you would like to see more, I am up to the book of Psalms now. They can be viewed at :

http://urban-plein-air.wetpaint.com/

2 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Wow, what an undertaking. This looks great.

Maeona Urban said...

One has to be a little insane to do this Nancy, but it keeps me interested in my Bible study. :-)